YOUR CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY EXPERTS
We are dedicated to being THE voice for the construction industry in San Luis Obispo County. Our website is THE source for pertinent information and events. SLOCBE online planroom site is available for our members. Planroom benefits include: View plans & specs online, online takeoffs, low cost reprints via online shopping cart, downloadable PDF files, email notifications for new projects and project updates.
The San Luis Obispo office hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm and the Atascadero office hours are 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Who We Are
We Set You Up for Success
- Members are updated daily by e-mail on new plans and addenda.
- We provide bidders lists and bid results.
- Our Bulletin lists mechanics liens, releases of liens and notices of completion in San Luis Obispo County; building permit information; weekly safety tailgate topics; and articles of interest regarding changes in the law, best practices, and similar topics every week.
- We also send out a monthly newsletter covering economic and local political news of interest to our members.
- Over $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded to children of members.
Important Consumer Information
We encourage you to be an informed consumer. Before you hire a contractor, click below for valuable information.
San Luis Obispo
153 Cross Street Suite 130
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Office: (805) 543-7330
Fax: (805) 543-7016
4851 El Camino Real
Atascadero, CA 93422
Office: (805) 460-9670
Fax: (805) 460-9672
You will need your login information to access certain areas.
Not a member? Click here to become one!
Check the License First Video
Check a Contractor’s License
Plan Check in Form
State Compensation Insurance Fund
SLO City Home Page
SLO County Home Page
Search Our Member Directory
The San Luis Obispo County Builders Exchange is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization formed to promote cooperation among licensed contractors and vendors in all aspects of the construction industry; to encourage quality construction; to find job opportunities for all its members through provision of plans; to provide public advocacy on behalf of the members at the local and state levels of government; and to make available training and continuing education in essential aspects of the industry.